Published by Stonemaier Games
At A Glance:
- Type: Board Game
- Release Year: 2019
- Designer: Elizabeth Hargrave
- Players: 1 - 5
- Length: Average (30 - 60 Min)
- Difficulty: Light
- Recommended Ages: 10+
- Genre: Animals, Nature
- Mechanics: Contracts, Dice Rolling, End Game Bonuses, Hand Management, Once-Per-Game Abilities, Open Drafting, Set Collection, Turn Order: Progressive
- Objective: Attract the best birds to your network of wildlife preserves and complete a variety of objectives to score victory points. The player with the most points after 4 rounds wins.
Wingspan is a competitive, medium-weight, card-driven, engine-building board game from designer Elizabeth Hargrave and Stonemaier Games. It is the winner of the prestigious 2019 Kennerspiel des Jahres award.
You are bird enthusiasts—researchers, bird watchers, ornithologists, and collectors—seeking to discover and attract the best birds to your network of wildlife preserves. Each bird extends a chain of powerful combinations in one of your habitats (actions). These habitats focus on several key aspects of growth:
- Gain food tokens via custom dice in a birdfeeder dice tower
- Lay eggs using egg miniatures in a variety of colors
- Draw from hundreds of unique bird cards and play them
The winner is the player with the most points after 4 rounds.