Published by Alderac Entertainment Group
At A Glance:
- Type: Board Game
- Release Year: 2019
- Designer: Peter McPherson
- Players: 1 - 6
- Length: Average (30 - 60 Min)
- Difficulty: Light
- Recommended Ages: 14+
- Genre: Abstract, Animals, City Building
- Mechanics: Bingo, End Game Bonuses, Follow, Grid Coverage, Pattern Building, Player Elimination, Variable Phase Order, Variable Player Powers, Variable Set-up
- Objective: Cleverly plan and construct a thriving town, and don't let it fill up with wasted resources! Whoever builds the most prosperous tiny town wins!
2 to 6 players compete to build the most amazing Town. Each turn the “Master Builder” determines which resource will be produced, and all the players gain one unit of that resource. Players can decide to use their resources to construct buildings according to the construction cards in play. Choose carefully! Where you build, and what you build will determine how dense your Town will be and how many points it will score! At the end of the turn, a new player becomes Master Builder. Play continues until every player’s Town is at max density, and then each Town is scored to determine the winner.
Tiny Towns is a competitive game about building a well-designed township from a shared pool of resources. It uses an innovative mechanism of resource selection where each player receives the same resources in the same order. This is a fast-playing game of low rules complexity but substantial strategic depth.