Between Two Castles of Mad King Ludwig
Published by Stonemaier Games
At A Glance:
- Type: Board Game
- Release Year: 2018
- Designer: Matthew O'Malley, Ben Rosset
- Players: 2 - 7
- Length: Average (30 - 60 Min)
- Difficulty: Light
- Recommended Ages: 10+
- Genre: Fantasy, Negotiation
- Mechanics: Highest-Lowest Scoring, Open Drafting, Set Collection, Simultaneous Action Selection, Team-Based Game, Tile Placement
- Objective: Design castles between you and the player to your left as well as between you and the player to your right. Your lowest scoring castle is your final score, and the player with the highest score wins.
Between Two Castles of Mad King Ludwig is published by Stonemaier Games as part of a collaboration with Bezier Games.
The king demands a castle! You are a world-renowned master builder who has been asked by the Mad King Ludwig to help design his castles. Projects of such significance require the expertise of more than one person, so for each assignment you are paired with another master builder to execute your grandiose plans. Will your planning and partnership skills be enough to design the most impressive castles in the world?
Between Two Castles of Mad King Ludwig is a competitive tile-drafting game in which each tile is a room in a castle. You work together with the player on your left to design one castle, and with the player on your right on another castle. On each turn you select two tiles from your hand, reveal them, then work with your partners to place them.
At the end of the game, each castle is scored. Your personal final score is the lower of the scores of the two castles you helped design, and the player with the highest final score wins the game. To win, you have to share your attention and your devotion between two castles.